Effective July 2018
- Who we are and what we do
The “Konstantinos G. Karamanlis” Foundation is a legal entity governed by private law and the Laws of the Public Benefit Institutions. Its establishment and operation was based exclusively on the financial support of private individuals, close relatives and friends of K. Karamanlis.
- What personal information do we collect and how we collect It?
We may collect and further process different types of personal data in the course of operating our business and providing our services. These data may include:
- Basic personal data and contact information, such as your name, job title, postal address, business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address.
- Website Usage data, such as details of your visits to our website or information collected through cookies.
- Any other personal data related to you that you may provide.
We may collect your personal data through a variety of means and in different ways. In particular:
- You may provide the personal information to us directly, for example through the completion and submission of a form on our website, by corresponding to us via email, letter or telephone or in person during a visit to our premises.
- We may collect the information from publicly available sources.
- How do we use your personal data and for what purposes?
In particular, we use the personal data:
- To analyse and improve our services to and communications with you;
- For investigating purposes and to prevent unauthorized access to the services and other illegal activities;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies.
- To comply with court orders and/or defend our legal rights.
- To communicate with you on the latest developments, announcements, and other information about us, via newsletters, briefs etc., upon your explicit consent.
- For any other purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal data was provided to us.
Any potential marketing-related communication, we will only be carried out after you have opted in and we will provide you the opportunity to opt out anytime, if you do not wish to continue receiving marketing-related communication from us. We will not use your personal data for taking any automated decisions affecting you or creating profiles other than as described above.
- What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
We process any personal data that we collect as above, based on the following lawful bases:
- In some cases, our ground for collecting and processing the information is based on your explicit consent to our collection and processing of your personal information, such as -for example- when we communicate with you in terms of providing relevant marketing information.
- We may also process your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation to which the firm is subject and for the fulfillment of regulatory and statutory obligations or court or other orders (e.g. compliance with tax procedures, Anti-Money Laundering procedures, fraud detection etc.)
- Who we share your personal data with?
We do not sell or rent, or exchange or transfer your personal data or personally identifiable information that has been collected by us, as part of a customer list or similar transaction, to any third party.
We may only share your personal data with the following indicative categories of recipients:
- We may share your personal data with courts, government, regulatory or law enforcement authorities or with other parties (in a dispute) or the other parties’ legal advisors, where it is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim, or for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process;
- For how long do we retain your personal data?
In general, we will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which this data was collected and any other permitted linked purpose.
When the processing of personal data is related to the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, we will retain your personal data until the time limit for claims has expired or the claims have been settled, or in order to comply with legal requirements regarding the retention of such data.
Our retention periods are also based on our business needs and good practice.
- Security of Personal Data
We store your personal data securely on our servers, which are managed internally as well as with third party storage providers.
We maintain the appropriate technical and organizational security measures so as to protect the personal data that we hold on our networks and systems, from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, misuse, loss and destruction. The security measures indicatively include physical, technical, administrative, electronic and procedural safeguards, firewalls, physical access controls to our data centres and information access authorisation controls. Our security procedures also mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity, in order to verify your identity before communicating with you or disclosing any personal information to you.
While we try our best to safeguard your Personal Data, once we receive it, especially as regards the data received through our website, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- What rights do you have with respect to personal data?
Right of Access:
You have the right to access to the personal data that is being processed by us and if necessary to receive a copy of that data and/or supplementary information with respect to their processing.
Right to Rectification:
If the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to rectify, update or amend it, by contacting us at the abovementioned contact details. Alternatively, you may send us a relevant request at the following email address: email@example.com .
Right to erasure:
You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
Right to restrict processing:
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of your personal data or when the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of your personal data and you request the restriction of its use instead of its erasure, when your personal data is not required for the purposes of processing, however it is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, and when you object to processing and pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your rights.
Right to object processing:
You have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data in cases where this is required for the purposes of legitimate interests we pursue as data controllers.
Right to data portability:
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, and to transfer it another data controller in order to resuse it or ask us to transfer this to a third party.
Right to withdraw the consent:
If we rely on your consent as our legal ground for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. However, please note that withdrawal of your consent does not affect the legality of consent-based processing during the period before such consent was revoked.
Right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority
To exercise any of your aforementioned rights you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr), Phone Number: +30 210 6475600, Fax: +30 210 6475628, Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org